APPEALS & DENIALS
Applicants may be denied access to the UtilitySafe program due to the following:
- A felony conviction within the last 7 years
- An Active Warrant
- An open felony court case
- SSN discrepancy
- Your release from incarceration within the last 5 years
- A history of pleading guilty to
felonyand/or misdemeanor crimes of concern
- Out of service area
- An Open Court Case
- Background check
cancelledby contractor Backgroundcheck of concern
- DUI conviction in last year
- Multiple DUI convictions
- Registered as a Sex Offender
- Suspended or revoked driver’s license
UtilitySafe will notify the denied applicant via direct correspondence. Notification will include information regarding the appeals process and options that are available to the applicant.
UtilitySafe will notify the applicant’s employer of the denied applicant’s status.
Appeal or Dispute?
Determine if an appeal or dispute is required for your applicant. (only one should be requested)
Appeals: An appeal can be made in these
Dispute: If the information returned in a background report is believed to be inaccurate, please file a dispute as soon as possible. Click the box next to their name, and then Dispute. In the Notes section, insert specific information about what the applicant is disputing. Then click Add.
Contact utility administrator and be ready to supply the following data:
- Individual’s name
- Contractor’s company name
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Daytime telephone number
Justificationfor appeal (brief explanation)
- Supporting documentation if applicable
Ready to get started?
Enroll a new company now or contact us